Thursday, June 5, 2008

my adventure we are. Ari and Virginia.

It was a long ride up. Dad and Ari rode in my car - she meowed for about a half an hour before calming down - not bad. We started out from Orlando at 6:30. Dad drove - I "rested my eyes."

We got to Jacksonville around 9. I finished packing my car with the guitars and got Ari ready for travel. I said goodbye to Connie and Angela, D.O.G. and Mickey...and Mishka. Poor Mishka. She will miss her playmate. And we will miss her.

Speaking about missing...I have cried more this past week than in the past year. My girls...(and the guys too) how I will miss them. I already do.

We started out from Jacksonville around 10 am. Dad drove my car and I rode my motorcycle. We stopped around every 150 miles so I could fill up my tank. After the second tank my butt went numb. It went away once I we stopped and I stood up. But after 20 minutes it came back in full force. The windshield was amazing - I would not have made it very far without it. The cruise control helped. My hands didn't cramp as much as they usually do.

It rained for a while. I stopped and put my rainsuit on. It was soooo hot! It kept me dry from the rain - but soaked me from the heat. Yuck.

No close calls with traffic or anything. A couple jerk drivers - but not too bad. We made it to Norfolk by 9:30 pm. I got a really bad burn on my right wrist. It's a combination of sun and wind burn in a four inch square. It's swollen - it hurts. Other than that - I am sore, my fingers are still a little numb...and I have some blisters. But I am alive. And we didn't have to stop anywhere.

We unpacked my car yesterday. I only have a couple more boxes to put away and I'll be finished with my room. The closet is about 1/3rd the size of what I had at Connie's. Bleh. But - who's complaining? There's no rent...and plenty of food. I'm good to go.

Shawn and I played the Wii last night. Bowling, tennis (I kicked butt in tennis), basketball and boxing. It was good times.

And of course the family played Rook. Mom and I got crushed. Of course...I kinda forgot she was my partner for one hand. And she forgot she called Green trump instead of Red. Good times.

I am thoroughly enjoying the banana bread made for me by Lea's grandma, Yvonne. It's almost gone. And no, I'm not sharing.

Ari is doing pretty well. There was some hissing at Toby yesterday - but she is starting to roam around the house. She even peeked her head upstairs.

I haven't checked it out yet - so I don't know if you can post videos on here. If not, I will post the video of my sermon on my thoughts blog.

It went well. 95% of the feedback I got was positive. The only "negative" feedback I got was just some questions that were left unanswered. Of course - I don't have all the answers...and the point was to make people think. So it's a good thing. I may post something about the unanswered questions later - but right now I am hungry - and going to go eat some more banana bread. Terri - thank Yvonne for me one more time!

Love you all.


Anonymous said...


I'm absurdly glad you made it safely. Now you have to tell me what email address you're going to use regularly.

I got my books today! Thank you so much, I'm so excited!

Shannon said...

iwon all the way. glad you liked the books.